Thursday, January 04, 2007

Empire's Workshop

Empire's Workshop - Latin America, The United States, and the Rise of the New Imperialism
By Greg Grandin

OK. My blog is supposed to be about my favorite books...maybe I need to edit that to just books I read (or attempt to read) in general...so this is a favorite TOPIC right now. But I've been trying to read this book since my last entry in November and can't seem to do it. The topic is great - its the history of the US flexing its powers over Latin America in the name of "democracy"....talks about projects of the CIA, including its support of coups and death squads. But I just can't seem to get into the writing style...Initially it didn't have that "textbook" feel but something's not working for me. I'm about halfway through and think I'm gonna put it down and try again another time....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home